Categories
Mold

How To Get Rid Of Brown Mold Mites?

Having brown mold mites in your home can suck! Killing mold mites is easier than you might think. The mold is using any building material in your house as a food source.

If you want to protect your family from the harm of mites in your home, you need to clean the brown mold because it can cause problems for your health.

Here are some ways to get rid of mold mites.

Hydrogen Peroxide

You can mix hydrogen peroxide to kill the mold spores. The first thing you need to do is mix the hydrogen peroxide with water in a spray bottle.

Then, spray the affected area with the liquid and let it there for about 2 until 5 minutes. After that, scrub the area with a brush.

Vinegar

Vinegar is a mild acid that will generally kill both mold and bacteria. White vinegar can be sprayed onto hard surfaces in the kitchen and bath.

You can mix baking soda into the vinegar in a spray bottle to kill brown mold mites. You can also use vinegar after you clean the surface with hydrogen peroxide.

You just need to put in the vinegar to a paper towel and apply it to the affected area and then let it there for about 30 minutes until one hour.

Ammonia

Ammonia also can be used to get rid of mold. You need to mix the ammonia with water and spray it to the surface. Then, wait for 2 to 3 hours and rinse it.

However, never mix the ammonia with bleach or other cleaning products because it will create toxic and dangerous fumes.

Antimicrobial Detergent

The best way you can kill mold is by killing the moisture source. There are detergents specially formulated with mold-killing ingredients.

To kill mold mites at the source you need to use any kind of antimicrobial. However, before you clean the area, you need to locate and repair the source of the moisture.

You need to do this because the mold will continue to re-grow even after the wall has been cleaned. If you’re not able to find the source, you can be consulting a professional.

When you are cleaning the source, make sure you use personal protective equipment.

After the walls have been cleaned, you can apply the antimicrobial detergent directly to the source then brush the wall.

When you are getting rid of mold mites buildup, you need to wear protective clothing, rubber gloves, masks, and goggles.

Mold gives off microscopic spores that can come in contact with your eyes, skin, and be inhaled. Make sure you protect your body when you kill the brown mold mites.