Categories
Mold

Is Pink Mold Dangerous to Human?

Pink is probably your favorite color. However, it is really not a good sign if a pink mold appears in our bathroom. Why? Is pink mold dangerous?

Well, most grown-ups may not get any health effects from the pink mold, other than feeling gross. However, this type of molds may be harmful to babies, children, and elderly people.

Moreover, it can affect people with compromised immune systems. Here are several risks of pink mold exposure.

Allergic reactions

Molds allergy may come in various symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, or even rash. The pink mold bacteria can easily travel through the air.

Therefore, people can accidentally inhale the mold and get allergic reactions. Since the environment inside the bathroom is relatively stable, people may get the allergy symptoms all year round.

The bacteria may enter the nose and cause fever or trigger asthma due to a chemical released by the allergy cells in our lungs or nose.

Bladder ailment and infection

Is pink mold dangerous for our bladder? The answer is yes, because it can trigger bladder infection. Bladder infections are known as the most common type of UTI (Urinary Tract Infection).

This disease is commonly caused by bacteria such as pink mold that infected the bowel and reached the area of bladder and urethra.

The bladder infections may have several symptoms, such as burning feeling during urinating. The treatment for this disease includes antibiotics, medicine, and drinking a lot of liquids. A medical exam from a doctor may be needed.

Respiratory tract infection and bronchitis

Pink mold and dampness in the bathroom or basement can be associated with bronchitis and respiratory tract infections. The pink mold on the shower curtain or bathtub can increase the statistic of respiratory infections significantly.

Therefore, it is essential to have effective control of the dampness inside our home. The respiratory tract infections may include infections on the upper and lower part of the respiratory tract.

Bronchitis is an example of lower respiratory tract infections. On the other hand, upper respiratory tract infections can affect the throat, nose, or sinuses.

Stomachache, nausea, and diarrhea

Gastrointestinal ailments such as nausea, stomachache, or diarrhea may be caused by pink mold. The exposure of pink mold in our digestive system can also cause vomiting, cramping, or even bleeding in the intestinal tract.

Pink mold produces harmful substances called mycotoxins. This substance is accidentally absorbed by the skin. Therefore, it can trigger a disease that affects our digestive system.

Is pink mold dangerous for our stomach? Yes! That is why we need to get rid of it.