Pink Mold Symptoms & Favorite Places to Grow

Pink mold is an airborne bacterium that can be difficult to remove. It loves damp areas with less ventilation, such as bathrooms, and can cause several pink mold symptoms.

You may find pink mold on the tile grout, shower curtain, or tub caulking inside the toilet. Pink mold can grow in cabinets, carpets, rugs, and wallpaper. It can also be found in some old food.

Symptoms of pink mold exposure to human

Bacteria and mold can be everywhere and can settle on any surface they like. For sensitive people, pink mold can cause several challenging health issues.

Pink mold symptoms include nasal congestion, coughing, and throat irritation. It can also cause irritation for the eyes, wheezing, and skin irritation.

Different people may experience various symptoms due to their sensitivity and the type of molds. The bacteria can cause severe infections, especially for people who have a mold allergy.

Pink mold inside our bathroom

The bathroom is probably the most favorite place for the pink mold to grow. It gets water and enough moisture alongside with warm temperature.

It also gets its food, such as fats and minerals, from soap and shampoo residue. If you see something pink and slimy on the shower curtain, it might be pink mold.

A fabric curtain may have pink mold inside of the fibers of the cloth that we can not see. Thus, it will give a slimy feeling and distinctive odor over time.

Besides, pink mold can also grow inside or under the bath mat or rug that is not permitted to dry.

Pink mold on food

Food that has been stored in a dark and damp place can be a good place for pink mold to grow. Bread is the first food candidate for pink mold.

Commonly, the color of pink mold can become a deep red color if it grows on white food products. Other foods that often have pink mold are foods that contain dairy fats or yeast products.

If someone eats a meal with pink mold in it, the person can get the pink mold symptoms such as diarrhea, vomiting, or other illness.

Pink mold in a humidifier

Humidifier has a moist environment that is perfect for pink mold. Pink mold can grow inside the vapor chamber of your humidifier if you have not cleaned it within 3 to 4 weeks.

The dirty humidifier can expose the pink mold into the air that we breathe every day.

Therefore, it may cause several symptoms related to our respiratory systems such as sore throat, lung diseases, or inflamed nose.